HONEY GINGER WALNUT LACTATION MUFFINS
This lactation muffin recipe is so easy to make, you only need one bowl and a hand whisk. It contains walnuts which are a good source of fats, brewer's yeast and ground flaxseed which are essential ingredients for boosting mummies' milk supply. Ginger is known to get rid of "wind" in Chinese medicine and the use of Eu Yan Sang's Honey with Ginger in this recipe gives the muffins a sweetness and spiciness that not only tastes good but is also good for your body!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon brewer’s yeast
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons Eu Yan Sang Honey with Ginger
3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups carrots, peeled and grated
1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 160oC/320oF
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Stir in brewer’s yeast and ground flaxseed.
- In another bowl, stir together olive oil, sugar, eggs and EYS Honey with Ginger.
- Stir in sifted ingredients, then fold in carrots and walnuts
- Portion into a lined cupcake tray and bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to cool, drizzle with more EYS Honey with Ginger before serving.