US Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread
Buttery, crunchy, fruity and sweet, these US Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread are so scrumptious and simple to make! The chewy tang of dried US cranberries pairs perfectly with the milky sweet white chocolate chips, making these shortbread cookies super addictive.
US cranberries are high in antioxidants and vitamins, which makes them America's original superfruit! Dried cranberries are high in fibre and its mildly sweet and pleasant flavour is well-liked by children and adults alike. This recipe uses dried cranberries which are rehydrated so they remain plump and soft after baking.
We are proud to collaborate with US Cranberries ASEAN to showcase the wonders of US cranberries at the upcoming Food and Hotel Asia in Singapore from Sep 5-8, 2022. Come by and sample our shortbread creation or make them at home this weekend!
- 160g (2/3 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 80g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 240g (2 cups) all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 80g (½ cup) dried US cranberries
- 80g (¼ cup) white chocolate chips
- Soak dried cranberries in water for about 30 minutes until they plump up. Strain soaked cranberries and dry them with a paper towel, then set aside.
- Cream unsalted butter, sugar, and salt in a mixer until pale and creamy.
- Add in sifted flour and stir together at low speed.
- Stir in soaked cranberries and white chocolate chips until a dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into 2 long logs of 1.5” diameter each, then wrap each log in cling film and freeze overnight.
- When ready to bake, use a sharp knife to slice the frozen logs into 1/2” thick rounds.
- Place frozen rounds on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in a pre-heated oven at 320oF/160oC for 15 minutes
- Remove cookies from oven and cool completely. Cookies can keep in an airtight container for 3-5 days.