No-Bake Red Velvet Cheesecake
This No-Bake Red Velvet Cheesecake is an easy and elegant dessert to make, especially around Christmas time. This chilled dessert is a pretty addition to your Christmas celebrations and a sweet end to any feast. Last month, I did a live bake-along of this recipe on Fairfield Alumni’s FB page where I explained the steps in detail and answered some questions so if you want to, you can watch the video before or while you attempt it! Merry Christmas!!!
Ingredients:(Makes one 8” cheesecake)
- 150 grams Oreo biscuits, crushed
- 75 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 500 grams cream cheese, room temperature
- 300 grams white chocolate
- 300 milliliters whipping cream
- 6 sheets gelatin (or 1.5 tbsp gelatin powder)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons red liquid food colouring
- 8” cake ring or springform pan
- Heat-proof bowls
- Bowl of ice-water (if using gelatin sheets)
- Crush Oreo biscuits or blitz in food processor until fine crumbs, then mix together with melted butter. Press into base of prepared 8” pan and chill.
- Melt white chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a shallow pot of simmering water or in the microwave. Set aside.
- Soak gelatin sheets in a bowl of ice-cold water. Meanwhile, heat up whipping cream in a saucepan over low heat until it starts to bubble. Remove the saucepan from heat, squeeze out water from softened gelatin sheets and add to the hot cream. Stir until gelatin sheets are completely dissolved, then set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, blend together cream cheese, melted white chocolate, lemon juice, cream and gelatin mixture until smooth.
- Pour out 2/3 of the cream cheese mixture into a bowl and set aside. To the remaining 1/3 of the batter, add cocoa powder and red food colouring and blend until well-combined.
- Pour the red and white mixtures alternately onto the prepared biscuit base. Use a skewer to create swirl patterns on the top of the cheesecake.
- Chill for at least 4 hours until firm.
- Remove cake ring/pan, cut with a clean sharp knife and serve chilled.