US Cranberry Orange Loaf
A delightful tea cake loaf bursting with the goodness of juicy US cranberries and the scent of fresh oranges! Using frozen US cranberries, this moist, buttery, and slightly tangy cake is extremely easy to whip up. We highly recommend enjoying it fresh out of the oven with a cup of tea in the afternoon or with ice-cream for an even more indulgent treat!
This recipe uses frozen cranberries which is super convenient. There is no need to defrost them, just simply add the frozen fruit in and they will become plump and juicy after baking.
US cranberries are high in antioxidants and vitamins, which makes them America's original super fruit! We are proud to collaborate with US Cranberries ASEAN to showcase the wonders of US cranberries at the upcoming Food and Hotel Asia in Singapore from Sep 5-8. Come by and sample our creation or recreate this loaf easily at home for your next tea party!
Makes one 8” x 4.5” loaf
160g (1 1/3 cup) all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
160g (2/3 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
160g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature
Zest of 1 orange
45g (3 tablespoons) orange juice, freshly squeezed
90g (¾ cup) frozen cranberries
60g (1/2 cup) icing sugar, sifted
15g (1 tablespoon) milk
orange zest, for garnish
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Cream unsalted butter and sugar in a mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until well-combined.
- Stir in orange zest and orange juice on low speed until batter is homogenous.
- Add in sifted flour mixture over 3 batches until a smooth batter is formed.
- Fold in frozen cranberries quickly.
- Pour batter into a parchment-lined standard size loaf pan and bake in a pre-heated oven at 350oF/180oC for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Remove loaf from oven and cool completely before glazing.
- To prepare glaze, place sifted icing sugar and milk into a bowl, stir together until all the icing sugar has melted.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake, then garnish with fresh orange zest.
- Slice and enjoy!